Sunday, June 9, 2013

Black and White

Obviously the title of this post is a reference to the squares on a chess board, but it's also a nod toward writing. First and foremost, I'm a writer. That's what I do to earn money. I don't make a lot, but I have yet to get tossed out of my house, and my kids eat whenever it's mealtime. I know a lot of people that read my blogs know this about me, but I think it's worth a mention for those that might not personally know me. When I started getting into chess, it only seemed natural that I write about it since that is my primary passion.

I also wanted to keep a track record for myself. In the event that I ever do become good at this frustrating game, maybe I can look back at the blog and figure out what worked for me so that I can write a book or a series of articles that will detail my system of learning.

Bobby Fischer wrote a few books and worked as a private instructor, too. There are so many books out on the market right now about chess (I know, I looked at Barnes and Noble yesterday), and there's not much sense in me writing another one if I don't have anything original to add. But there will always be the personal satisfaction in figuring out the best way to apply those concepts, and I'm hoping that this blog will help in that respect for me and whoever else reads this.

No comments:

Post a Comment